- 1 (Registered)
Good financial analysis is the basis for sustainable and successful microfinance operations, not forgetting that information depends solely on the quality of data recorded for analysis.
This book help staff and managers of MFBs/MFIs understand and apply appropriate accounting principles in other to ensure quality financial analysis and reports.
The module will cover the following issues:
- Introduction to Basic accounting principles
- Financial Statement and Credit Assessment
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Income Statement (Profit and loss)
- Cash Flow Statement
- Portfolio reports
- Risk Management
- Process flow for portfolio management
- Samples and exercise
Objectives of this Book
The objectives of the topics in this book are;
- To understand the importance of accounting in microfinance operations.
- To acquire knowledge required for microfinance application.
- To understand and be able to prepare the financial records from the scratch.
- To understand the components of the various financial statements
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS IN MICROFINANCE BANKS